...yet forget not that I am a wimp.

I need to blog. I really, really do. I have neglected the blog shamefully for the past couple of weeks. And I have things to say, I really do. In fact, I've taken to noting them down, listing the ideas as they hit me.

Someday I might actually do something with those ideas. Today, however, and probably for the next little while to come, every time I sit down to write all I can think about is, "School! My baay beee!!" and then my stomach gets all tight and I have to fight off tears.

I am such a wimp.

But, oh! She is so soft and cuddly and warm! She fits so perfectly on my lap. She is going to be gone All Day Long. She will come home talking about friends who are only names to me. She will have all sorts of experiences that I will never know about. She will have problems and have to solve them all by herself, because I won't be there.

This is good for her. This is good for her. Keep chanting that, Jennifer. This is good for her!

It just stinks for me.

Because I am a wimp.

1 comments:

Cari Hislop said...

You're not a wimp, you're a good mother and you love your children. If there were more women like you in the world there would be less mental health issues...less poverty...less heartache...less a lot of awful things! One can't protect children from suffering or difficulties,but your children know they can come to you and you'll listen and take action if they need your help or protection and that is no small thing!!!!