Funny things my children have said #2408

The context: Oldest Girl child wanted to color a memorial heart for her teacher to put up on the wall as part of her school's Jump Rope for Heart campaign. I tried to explain to her that she didn't know anyone who had died of a heart attack.

OGC: I've had a heart attack.

Mommy: No, dear, trust me, you haven't.

OGC: Yes I did. Remember when we were waiting for Daddy outside his work and my chest hurt?

Mommy: That was heartburn, sweetie.

****************

The context: Youngest Girl Child saying family prayer before bedtime.

YGC: Please bless my family not to die, because I would be lonely.

****************
The context: Butterscotch is a FurReal toy which has been sold in the local stores for the last couple of Christmas seasons, and cost a little over $300 as of last Christmas.

OGC: I'm going to ask Santa for Butterscotch for Christmas!

Mommy: I think that might be a bit too expensive, dear. Remember, Santa has to give away a lot of toys.

OGC: Oh, I know he'll give it to me. My friend Maree asked for one last Christmas and he gave it to her!

Mommy: speechless and wondering how to explain why Santa gave one to Maree but won't give one to OGC

0 comments: