Ever since I became a mother, all I dream about is sleep.

Daylight Time to Standard Time - it's a good thing, right? This is the time change where I get to sleep in an hour. This is also the time change when I put the kids to bed at the same time according to the clock, but their bodies think it's an hour later, so they fall asleep more quickly and easily because they're so tired.

Right? Right?

So why have I been dragging around all week? I'm exhausted. And the girls are not settling down. If anything, they've been more giggly and silly at bedtime than usual, and taking longer to quiet down and go to sleep.

If I had three wishes they'd all be for more time to sleep.

Well, maybe one for Helen of Troy-like beauty. And another for limitless wealth. But then, sleep. Definitely.

What I really need is a way to stop time. I could be up and working 24/7. Sleep would happen when time wasn't moving forward. I could sleep all I want without disturbance, and still have more time on my hands than I've ever dreamed.

Yeah. That would be my third wish.

1 comments:

Cannwin said...

Have you seen Heroes? Hiro Nakamura can stop time... I'd like to be able to do that too. *sigh*