Because if I don't, I'll be kicking myself every time I have to pay full price.

IF we have enough blankets for everyone:

AND I just made blanket robes for TV watching; and

IF I have too much stuff anyway, including fabric piled up in my basement;

BUT Walmart is selling deliciously soft and snuggly cuddle-up blankets for only $3 each;

AND those blankets are normally more like $8 each; and

IF it would cost more than that to buy a comparable fabric;

THEN I would be totally justified in going and buying oh, let's say several of those blankets and stashing them in the basement with the rest of my fabric.

Right?

Right?

These are the same blankets I bought on sale for $6 each to make my blanket robes. They are 50 x 60 and so, so, very soft and yummy. And pretty colors that would work for any time of the year, not just Christmas. Although the Christmas plaid is pretty enticing. And I'm sure they'll be nice for making traditional robes, and new blanket wraps when these wear out.

So I kind of have to go buy them, right? Because it's a ... it's umm ... ummm ... a good use of our money! Yeah. Because the economy is going south and prices are going up and I might never be able to get these so cheaply again, and who knows when we'll need lots of blankets because our power has gone out and we are huddled together for warmth in the living room while a blizzard rages outside, sucking the heat from our shivering bodies. And then won't we be glad when I retrieve several blankets from my basement stash!

Right?

Right?

3 comments:

Cannwin said...

k i love it when you put pictures so I can grovel and imagine myself actually having the time (okay the Energy) to make such things... pics of blanket robes please!

PS I loved that table fort idea I'm going to make the kids one when I have a spare ounce of motivation.

Leslie said...

I love how you did a tailspin into the "yummy doomsday" scenario. My daycare lady is seriously stowing away her children's clothing for fear there may not be anything available when her children have children of their own! Okay, then.

Anyway, just promise us all you won't become one of those people who have that hoarding disease and have to organize all their stuff into little mazes throughout their house just to move around inside it!

Jennifer said...

No, no mazes. That's what the basement is for! Granted, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to actually enter the basement in 10 years time ...