Coming Tuesday To a Home Near Me

Yes! We are getting air conditioning! And (insert happy dance here) it's going to cost $2000 less than we were originally quoted.

I wound up getting several estimates, and quickly noticed that they fell into two categories: $6,000 and up, and hovering about $4,000. The smaller companies gave us the smaller quotes, with the same guarantees, warranties, and service promises as the larger companies. My sweetie reminded me that we used to have a neighbor who did this sort of thing, so we called him, too. His quote was not only the cheapest, he was the one who was most willing to spend time explaining things to me.

You only get one guess who we chose.

The new system will go in on Tuesday, instead of the two weeks everybody else was telling us to expect. My old neighbor has connections, which is a happy making thing, because I am getting so hot, and not in a good way.

(Insert picture of me, pouting, with limp hair and my shirt sticking to my back.)

You know why southern belles went around fainting all the time? No air conditioning, and corsets. They weren't fainting - they were passing out from heat exhaustion.

0 comments: