Is she three or thirty?

Youngest Girl Child informs me that she is going to have four children. The first two will be named Sunshine and Sunshine. They will be twins. The next will be named Rainbow and the youngest will be named Carly.*

Ooooohkay.

By the way, she also has her husband picked out already. He's a little boy from her preschool class. I don't know his name, however, because, "I forget."

On the other hand, she asked me today what would happen if she got lost. I told her if that happened she should go to a police officer and say that she was lost. The officer would ask her what her name was.

"What would you tell him?" I asked her.

"YGC!" she told me.

"And what is your last name?"

"YGC Wyle Mitchell!"

Huh? Umm, no.**

After a few more attempts with no success, I tried a different direction. "What's Mommy's name?"

She answered immediately. "Mommy!"

Hmmm. Let's try again. "What does Daddy call Mommy?"

She thought a little longer about that. "Honey!"

Well, at least my child is learning about treating your spouse lovingly.
___________________________________________

*Carly is her best friend and a preschool classmate.

**Needless to say this was nowhere near accurate, or I wouldn't be putting it down here. I'm not sure where it came from, but I couldn't convince her to say our actual last name. As far as I can tell, however, she was mispronouncing her middle name as the last name and our last name as the middle name.

0 comments: