As if you didn't have enough distractions already ...

I have run into an absolutely delightful time waster. Akinator is a website where you can challenge the program to "guess" what character you are thinking about.

I noticed it is heavily weighted toward things familiar to people in their teens and twenties. The Boy Child introduced me to it, and the two of us took turns choosing characters. He tended to pick people from animes, mangas, video games, World of Warcraft, etc., and usually had his characters guessed. As someone a generation older, who really enjoys books from my grandparents' generation, I found that I didn't have too hard a time stumping it. If you do pick an entirely new character, you get to add that who you were thinking of to the database. I got to add people like Wendell Urth and Valancy Stirling, which was kind of fun.

0 comments: