Things I Must Do Today

To be done during the two and a half hours Youngest Girl Child is in preschool:

  1. Drive to mechanic.
  2. Sit around while the new car is inspected, so that we can drive the freeway safely.
  3. Rejoice in our legality.
  4. Drive to the downtown library.
  5. Drive around fruitlessly for several minutes, wasting gas, while I try to find a parking space that is closer than a 15 minute walk away.
  6. Sneak overdue book into the return slot.
  7. Run away before librarian picks up book and realizes I'm the one who kept it so long.
  8. Drive to the grocery store.
  9. Buy dog food for the four-legged one (who is currently sniffing with great interest in the middle of the living room floor, making me wonder what secrets my children are hiding.)
  10. Realize I've left my shopping list at home and wander aimlessly around the store picking up whatever seems like a good idea.
  11. Wait in line to pay for my groceries checking my watch every 10 seconds as I start running out of time to pick up YGC.
  12. Load the car with my groceries.
  13. Realize I left my shopping list on the passenger seat.
  14. Drive back to preschool to pick up YGC.

1 comments:

Cannwin said...

You forgot get home and remember you forget to buy milk