My car doesn't have a CD player.

In this era of HDTV and Blu-Ray, I am still stuck in the VHS age.

We only got our first DVD player a few years ago. Currently we have a VHS/DVD player that I stalked for months before snaring it in an after Christmas sale last year. Since then I've been trying to get all our old tapes recorded onto DVD. Just in time for DVD to go out of date. Of course.

I love technology. I just can't afford it.

In the course of transferring the tapes I ran across a tape my family made when I got home from my mission, 15 years ago. Wow!! What fun to watch that again. I'd forgotten I even had it.

Everyone looks sooo young. And two of us look much skinnier!

One of the things that startled me was how much Oldest Girl Child looks like her Aunt Cannwin. She's been reminding me awhile of my sister, but it wasn't until I saw this tape that I realized how striking the resemblance is. It's not just their looks, which are remarkably similar. They also move the same way. There were several gestures, especially, that Cannwin did on the tape that I see OGC do all the time.

That wasn't the only family resemblence. My youngest sister was a few years older than Youngest Girl Child at this point but there were several things she did that reminded me of YGC. Overall, there is a certain exuberance in both of their personalities that is very much the same.

I've got to figure out to take what I have and put it into a format I can email to all my siblings and our parents, so that everyone can have a copy of this. I think they'll have as much fun watching it as I did.

0 comments: