Vintage Photo Friday

This is a picture of Addie Lee Clark Bryson and her three daughters. I'm not sure, but I think Addie is the woman in the dark coat without a hat. I don't know who the other woman is.

The tallest child, in the plaid coat, would have been Minnie Elizabeth (probably named after Dow's mother, Lelia Mae Minnie Rolph Bryson, 1857-1924.) The little girl in white, with a big bow, would have been Edythe. The sweet little chunk in the bonnet would have been Irene. Don't you just want to pick her up and kiss those chubby cheeks?

Looking at the apparent ages of the girls, I think this would have been taken about 1908 or 1909. The family was living in Kentucky at this time (where Addie grew up.) The next census has them in Arkansas, where they remained.

To see other vintage photos check out Paper Dolls for Boys.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Absolutely fantastic photo. I wonder where they were going? They look so dressed up.