Workin' On The Chain Gang

This is day 3 of my 80 day sentence. So far it's been much worse than I ever dreamed. I think I might have a case for cruel and unusual punishment. If I take it to court, do you think I can persuade the judge to put me in solitary confinement?

The quibbling and nitpicking started soon after everyone rolled out of bed Monday morning. It hasn't let up for more than a few minutes since then. Nothing has worked to quell the disturbances, and I fear we are working up to a riot. If not from the Oldest and Youngest Girl Children, then from Mommy, who was sick of the whole thing 'round about noon, Monday.

When the girls aren't squabbling, with each other, they are fighting with their friends. When there is no fight to entertain anyone, they take turns whining. To fill in any spaces on their calendar they try on outfits, then throw the clean clothes on the floor and trample on them.

Monday, YGC was sent home from a friend's house for her excessive whining. Tuesday, OGC threw up in the grocery store. Right now they are both sitting in opposite corners of the couch, forbidden to do anything but sit, until they make up with each other. YGC is sick of sitting and is begging OGC to make up. OGC is stubbornly clinging to her anger. I am practicing my relaxation breathing.

1 comments:

Cari Hislop said...

Ah...summer break...if the breathing and counting don't help, there's always ear plugs! ;)