17 Again

There is a certain member of my family, whose pseudonym shall not be revealed (but said person does not own one pink article of clothing and has never been married) whose idea of a bowl of cereal involves a mixing bowl and three quarters of a box of cereal.

Which is why, when my sweetie and I saw 17 Again (on a date! an actual date!) I laughed until I couldn't breathe, during this scene (starts at 1:23):



I wish I could have found a longer clip of just that scene. Hmmm. Oh, well.

Going to see that particular movie was less a function of wanting to see it, and more a function of our babysitter (The Boy Child) getting off work late and us having only 10 minutes to get to the last movie that hadn't yet started. Not that we needed to worry - we got there 10 minutes late and still had two previews to go before the movie started.

It was a good movie, though. We were glad we saw it. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it so much if I hadn't been through the whole teenage boy thing, but given where I'm coming from in life (feeling older, thinking back wistfully to when I had a figure, blah, blah) it was a lot of fun. (It also didn't hurt that my sweetie and I are both complete and unabashed nerds and got a kick out of the rabid collecter/gamer/etc. sidekick.)

So, if you're looking for a good movie, think about this one, especially if you are middle-aged with teenagers.

0 comments: