Age and Guile Trumps Youth and Agility

I have been fighting a long term battle with the girls over food in their bedroom. I forbid; they ignore. I tell them, "No,"; they sneak the food in when I'm not looking.

I have a huge problem with it because they cannot eat without getting crumbs everywhere. Neither does the food that goes into the bedroom come out of the bedroom. And I really get uptight about finding half-rotted apples anywhere in the vicinity of light blue carpet.*

But! I am able to announce that today I finally found the solution!

Food in the room = bugs who come to eat the food.

And bugs in the room = SPIDERS who come to eat the bugs.

The girls are deathly, deathly afraid of spiders. We have them sometimes in the basement. They saw two last summer. The basement used to be a favored play area; now it's the Haunt of Monster Spiders Who Lie In Wait To Eat Little Girls.

I think I've had my last problem with moldy bread crusts under the bed.
___________________________________________

*I also get uptight about finding used adhesive bandages stuck to the floor of the bathroom, but that's another post.

1 comments:

Cari Hislop said...

Very clever! You get a golden-mummy award!!!!