Swing Your Partner 'round and 'round, Allemande Left and Do-Si-Do

More financial disaster. Now we need a new transmission for the car I drive. $1,750 for a used transmission (which does not include the cost of labor), or $2,550 for a new transmission, good for 100,000 miles (and the price includes labor).

Except that my car has (last I checked) 88,000 miles on it. Since I don't use it for much - just to the grocery store, doctor appointments, driving kids here and there, much of a muchness - the mileage doesn't matter. If it will last just another couple of years (where have I heard that before?) we'll be better able to afford a replacement. So I need to check on the cost of labor for the used transmission and if it's more than, say, four or five hundred dollars less than the new transmission, we'll get the used transmission. And put a whole heck of a lot of money on our credit card again.

Yep. Two steps forward, two steps back. Shall we dance?

0 comments: